We've got some good ways to stop bad guys from using your account.
Credit cards are great financial tools. But they're also targets for criminals and computer hackers who try to steal your account information, identity and money. So we ask you to protect your card information, respond to phone calls from our fraud-fighting service and immediately report lost or stolen cards.
No matter how careful you are, criminals will still try to find ways to access your credit card information to make unauthorized purchases. To combat this threat, Capital Credit Union uses a leading fraud protection service, Falcon Fraud, to monitor our members' accounts and to look for suspicious activity.
Falcon Fraud Features
- Falcon Fraud will notify you when there is suspicious activity on your Visa card. It identifies suspicious activity by monitoring each transaction and seeing if it fits your general spending patterns.
- You'll be contacted between the hours of 9 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- An automated service will verify your identity and then ask question about suspicious purchases.
- By contacting you within moments of a suspicious transaction, we reduce the risk of someone making additional transactions that may be fraudulent.
- If you confirm that you did not make a specific transaction, you can instruct Falcon Fraud to halt further activity on your account. Falcon Fraud will then contact Capital Credit Union to order a new card, which will arrive in about two weeks.
- If Falcon Fraud is unable to reach you, it will leave a message that includes a toll-free number and reference code to use when you call back. The service is available for your return call 24/7.
- A temporary block will likely be placed on your card to prevent additional transactions until we hear from you. It's important that you call back as soon as possible so we can determine the appropriate next steps to protect your account.
How You Can Help
- Protect your card and card information.
- Regularly monitor your statements for any activity that is not yours.
- If you are contacted by our automated assistant, please return the call as soon as possible.
- If our automated assistant calls you, you will not be asked for any personal information. Please hang up if you get a call from someone asking for that information.
- If you call the fraud call center back, you will be asked to verify your identity.
- Make certain that the phone number you have on file with the credit union is current so you can be easily contacted if any questionable activity is detected.
- If you have more questions about Falcon Fraud, please contact Capital Credit Union at 1.800.735.6922 or call Falcon Fraud directly at 1.800.241.2440.
- If your card is lost or stolen, please call 1.888.241.2510 from within the U.S., and 1.909.941.1398 from outside the U.S.