No matter how careful you are, criminals will still try to find ways to access your credit card information to make unauthorized purchases. To combat this threat, Capital Credit Union uses a leading fraud protection service, Falcon Fraud, to monitor our members' accounts and to look for suspicious activity.
Falcon Fraud Features
- Falcon Fraud will notify you when there is suspicious activity on your Visa card. It identifies suspicious activity by monitoring each transaction and seeing if it fits your general spending patterns.
- You'll be contacted between the hours of 9 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- An automated service will verify your identity and then ask question about suspicious purchases.
- By contacting you within moments of a suspicious transaction, we reduce the risk of someone making additional transactions that may be fraudulent.
- If you confirm that you did not make a specific transaction, you can instruct Falcon Fraud to halt further activity on your account. Falcon Fraud will then contact Capital Credit Union to order a new card, which will arrive in about two weeks.
- If Falcon Fraud is unable to reach you, it will leave a message that includes a toll-free number and reference code to use when you call back. The service is available for your return call 24/7.
- A temporary block will likely be placed on your card to prevent additional transactions until we hear from you. It's important that you call back as soon as possible so we can determine the appropriate next steps to protect your account.