If you ordered checks, they will arrive in 7 to 10 days. Checks can be reordered by stopping into any Capital Credit Union location or through CU Online.
***You are only able to order checks online if your last checks were ordered through Capital Credit Union and you are not making any changes to the information currently on them.***
- Log into your account on CU Online.
- Click on the Check Services/Check Reorder
- Fill out all the needed information for your current checks into the appropriate boxes. Click Submit.
Debit Cards will arrive in 7 to 10 days after they have been ordered. The PIN for your Debit Card will arrive separately.
When you receive your card, you will need to activate it by calling the number on the front of the card (1-800-466-0040) from your home phone and following the instructions.
- Call 1-800-503-9249 and follow the instructions. You must have your reference number (provided on the PIN mailer), the primary member’s date of birth and the last 4 of the primary member’s social security number in order to change the PIN.
- Call or stop in to any Capital Credit Union location to request a new PIN. The new PIN will be mailed to your home address.
When swiping your card at a merchant, you may be asked to select Credit or Debit.
- If you choose Credit, you will be required to sign and the exact amount of the purchase will be deducted from your account.
- If you choose Debit, you will be required to enter your PIN number and are able to receive cash back from the transaction if you choose. For example: If your purchase is $12.66, you can use the Debit feature and have $22.66 taken from your account and receive $10.00 in cash back.
Your Visa Credit Card will arrive in 7 to 10 days. The PIN number for your Visa Credit Card will arrive separately.
Go to the homepage: www.capcu.org
If you are a first time user of CU Online you WILL NEED to complete the Required Security Update.
- Click on the “Click here if you are a new user” link in the shortcut box located in the upper left hand corner of the home page. This will bring you to the Required Security Update page.
- Enter your Account Number, PIN (a temporary PIN should have been given to you when you signed up) and the Random Code. Click Next.
- Click on the Begin button to start the Security Update.
- You will be presented with the Internet Banking Disclosure. Select “I Accept” to agree to the terms and continue with the Security Update.
- Select one of the questions from the drop down box under Security Question 1 or create your own. Enter your answer in the ‘Answer to Question’ 1 box. Repeat for Questions 2 and 3.
- Enter a Security Key, this is a word or short phrase used to identify that you are at the correct site.
- Enter your e-mail address. Click Finalize.
- You should now be on the main page of CU Online. If you are unable to see your balances, click on the refresh button.
- Enter your Account Number and Random Code in the appropriate boxes in the upper left hand corner of the credit union home page: www.capcu.org. Click Login.
- Enter your PIN. If you are using a shared computer and would not like the system to remember this computer, click on the button “Do not remember this computer”. Click Login.
- If you are on a computer that the system does not recognize, you will be required to answer one of your security questions.
- You should now be on the home page of CU Online which shows your account balances.
If you are still having trouble logging in, you may be locked out. Please call 701-255-0042 for further assistance.
You will receive a reminder email monthly when your eStatement(s) is available inside CU Online.
To view your eStatements you will need to log on to your CU Online Account.
- Click on the Accounts/E-documents button.
- Choose the statement you wish to view and click on the ‘View’ button on the right side of the statement.
eLetters are letters sent to you electronically instead of receiving them by US mail. You will receive an email letting you know that the have a letter/notice to view inside CU Online.
To view a CU Letter:
- Log into your account on CU Online.
- Click on the Accounts/E-Documents button.
- On this page you will see all the eStatements and Letters for your account. Click on View to see the letter.
You can set up text and email alerts on your account for a variety of different items. To set up an alert on your account you must log in to your CU Online account.
- Click on the Options/Account Alerts button.
- Under Add Alerts or Reminders click on ‘Click here to add new alerts or reminders’.
- Select a category from the drop down list and click on the Continue button.
- Fill in the information about the alert you wish to set up.
- Click on Submit.
To access Billpay first log into your account on CU Online by clicking here.
*** To use the Billpay Feature, you must first enroll your account.*** To enroll your account for Billpay do the following: Under the Billpay tab, click on Account Set-Up.
- Read the online disclosure document.
- Fill out the application found after accepting the disclosure.
Please allow 2-3 business days to successfully enroll in the Billpay program.
- Click on Billpay/Payee List.
- Click on ‘Click here to add a new payee.’
- Enter all the information needed for the Payee. Click the Add Payee button.
- The next screen will allow you to add more payees, add payments, edit the current payees or delete any payees.
- To add another payee, click on the Add Payee button and fill out all the necessary information. Continue this process until you have entered all your payees.
- Click on Billpay/Payee List.
- Place a check mark in the box of the Payee you are sending the payment to then click on the Add Payments button (if paying multiple bills, you can choose multiple Payees).
- Fill out the Payment Date (note: Allow 3 banking business days for an electronic payee and 6 banking business days for a payee that is paid by a check), Payment Frequency and Dollar Amount.
- Choose the account the money should come out of from the drop down list.
- Choose the e-mail option you prefer from the drop down list.
- Click on the Confirm Payments button.
You are able to view all the payments you have scheduled by clicking on the Billpay/Scheduled Payments button. On this page you are able to Schedule Payments, Edit Current Payments and Delete Payments by clicking on the corresponding button.
You can also view more payments by changing the date range at the bottom of the screen as well as show payments for just one Payee or all Payees.
To view Bill Payment History click on the Billpay/Billpay History button. This screen will show you all the payments made through the Billpay program from the last 2 months. To see from a different date, choose the starting and ending dates in the corresponding boxes. You can also choose the see all Payees or a single payee.