Buying or refinancing your home is easy when you work with one of Capital Credit Union’s home loan experts. They are prepared to help you through each stage of the process, providing you with personal, friendly service along the way.
Click here to meet our home loan experts and find one in your area!
Home Loan Prequalification
A quick and easy first step to buying a home, our prequalification application takes 10 minutes or less to complete*. This initial gathering of your information makes it possible for our home loan experts to provide you with an estimated price range of homes you can qualify for so you can start searching for your home today! Click here to start your prequalification.
Home Loan Preapproval
Having a preapproval letter in-hand means you’re ready to buy. To complete your preapproval, make an appointment with one of our home loan experts. Click here to find the expert in your community.
Congratulations! Your offer has been accepted and it’s time to finance your new home! After you sign the purchase agreement, you’ll work with one of our home loan experts to complete the home loan application. During the application process you will be asked to provide the following information: tax returns, W-2s, paystubs for the last 30 days and deposit account information for the last two months.
The completed application is sent to our local underwriting department that reviews the application, verifying the information and appraisal. Once OK’d, the department will approve the loan and order title work.
Almost done! Closing is the final step in the home buying process so be sure you’ve provided proof of your homeowner’s insurance at least two weeks prior. One of our home loan experts will arrange your closing appointment, bringing you together with the seller(s), real estate agents(s) and closing agent to finalize the purchase of your new home.
Basic (for any loan type)
• A list of all checking, savings, and retirement accounts including the name of the financial institutions, complete mailing addresses, account numbers and copies of the most current statements
• Face value and cash value of life insurance policies
• A list of liabilities: Include the full mailing address, account numbers, required monthly payments, and the balance outstanding. Be sure to include all mortgage loans, installment loans, credit cards, student loans, and child support
• Complete addresses of all residences for the last two years, including names and addresses of landlords, if applicable
• Complete mailing addresses for all employers for the last two years, copies of current pay stubs covering 30 days, and W-2 forms for the last two years
• A check to cover some of the costs, such as an appraisal and credit report, is needed
In addition to the basic information, you may need one or more of the following depending upon your type of financing.
First Time Homebuyer/FHA
• Complete addresses of all residences for the last three years, including names and addresses of landlords
• Entire tax returns and W-2’s for the last three years
• Driver’s license or photo identification, and proof of social security numbers for all borrowers
• Original certificate of eligibility
• Copy of the DD 214 discharge papers
• Driver’s license or photo identification and proof of social security numbers for all borrowers
• Name, address and loan number of current mortgage holder
• Current mortgage balance, escrow balance
• Annual property taxes
• Homeowners insurance information
• Abstract or owner’s title insurance policy
• A copy of the purchase agreement between you and the seller of the home, including the complete legal description
• A copy of the plans, specifications, and sworn construction statement, if applicable.
*Prequalification letter available within one business day, amount based on credit qualifications. Other restrictions may apply.