Capital Credit Union has announced the 2016 recipients of the Howard J. Snortland scholarships. Eight $1,000 scholarships were awarded and announced at the credit union’s 80th anniversary member event at the North Dakota Heritage Center on March 4.
The recipients are:
- Eric Gefroh, Bismarck, is attending the University of North Dakota, majoring in pre-med and psychology.
- Emily Greff, Bismarck, is attending Bismarck State College, majoring in accounting.
- Victoria Degenstein, Hazen, is attending the University of Mary, majoring in nursing and catholic studies.
- Eva Byerley, Hazen, is a senior at Hazen High School. She plans to attend North Dakota State University in the fall and major in pharmacy.
- Benjamin Ottemoeller, Bismarck, is a senior at Century High School. He plans to attend UND in the fall and major in mechanical engineering.
- Lindsey McMaster, Bismarck, is attending Valley City State University, majoring in composite biology education.
- Thomas Friesz, New Salem, is attending NDSU, majoring in agricultural economics.
- Bennett Strombeck, Bismarck, is attending NDSU, majoring in electrical engineering.