Pocket some extra cash with this exclusive account.
Teenage years can be unpredictable. But here's one thing you can count on: Opening an Edge Teen Checking account is a great start to your financial journey.
Here's something that's uniquely yours - a checking account to use while you're 13 to 17 years of age. You'll get all the tech access you need to manage your money, and we'll give you more than just props when you make the grades in school.
- $10 cash bonus for good grades when you submit your official report card1
- $25 match when you set up a direct deposit from your employer into your Edge Teen account2
- $100 gas card when you finance your first auto or recreational vehicle directly with us3
- Specially designed, contactless Edge Teen debit card (cards are free and instantly issued at our Main Office, North, Northwest, South, Sunrise, Mandan, Hazen, Fargo 13th Ave. and Fargo Veterans Blvd. branches)
- Unlimited ATM refunds when withdrawing funds from your Edge Teen account4
- No minimum balance requirement or monthly service charge5
- Earn up to $5 each month ($.25 per transaction) in bonus cash on debit card purchases6
- Manage money through our online platform, CU Online, or our mobile app
- Free eStatements
- Free line-of-credit transfer and overdraft share transfers7
- Members must sign up for eStatements
- $5 per month statement fee if member discontinues eStatements
Capital Credit Union is a full-service financial institution with locations in Bismarck, Mandan, Fargo, Beulah, Hazen and New Salem, North Dakota.
1To receive $10 cash bonus, an official report card or other proof showing all grades above a "C" or equivalent must be submitted via the form at capcu.org/reportcard. Report cards will be accepted for the most recent grading period only. Progress reports are not eligible. Cash bonus will be automatically deposited into the member's Edge Teen Checking account within 30 days of report card submission. Cash bonus limited to two per year; up to $20 per member/account holder.
2To receive $25 match, Edge Teen Checking account holder must show proof of employment and set up automatic direct deposit into their Edge Teen Checking account. Max of one $25 match per member number.
3$100 gas card will be available for Edge Teen Checking account holders who open their first auto or recreational vehicle loan, while supplies last. Cosigner is required on the loan. Edge Teen Checking account holder must be primary on the loan. Gas card will be presented upon disbursement of the loan. Does not apply to existing Capital Credit Union loans. Edge Teen Checking is a special promotion for members ages 13-17 with an Edge Checking account; joint owner is required. Associated terms and conditions may change or be discontinued at any time.
4No fee will be charged for use of CO-OP ATMs. Fees charged by non-CO-OP ATMs will be automatically refunded.
5$5 monthly paper-statement fee if member discontinues free eStatements.
6Earn $0.25 bonus cash on each transaction for qualifying debit card purchases, up to $5 per monthly qualification cycle per checking account, per member number. A member is required to meet all the following to qualify for bonus cash: (1) receive eStatements and (2) have 12 or more qualifying transactions on their Capital Credit Union debit card that post and clear during each monthly qualification period. Bonus cash will be automatically deposited into the CU Bonus account on the first business day of the month following the monthly qualification period. Transactions may take one or more business days from the date the transaction was made to post to the checking account. Qualifying transactions include debit card purchases; qualifying transactions do not include ATM transactions. The qualification period is defined as the first through last day of the calendar month. Bonus cash incentive is a special promotion; associated rates, terms and conditions may change or be discontinued at any time.
7Free with eStatements; $3 fee applies without.