Classic never goes out of style.
Start with the basics, and then go way beyond them. This checking account pays dividends on deposits and offers all sorts of free services.
The world is changing rapidly. But at Capital Credit Union, we think some ideas are timeless. Like offering great value at low cost. With Classic Checking, you'll save money with lots of freebies, and you'll receive dividends paid on your account balance at a competitive rate. It's a classic, living up to our always-high standards.
- Unlimited ATM refunds when withdrawing funds from your Classic Checking Account1
- 3% APY on balances up to $20,0002
- Two free boxes of checks annually3
- Manage money through our online platform, CU Online, or our mobile app
- CD rate bumps4
- Safe deposit box discount5
- Free money orders and cashier’s checks
- Debit card included
- Free line-of-credit transfer and overdraft share transfers6
3% APY Requirements
- Be a member in good standing
- Have 12 or more qualifying transactions that post and clear during each monthly qualification period using your Capital Credit Union debit or credit card, or any combination of both
- Qualifying transactions do not include ATM transactions
- The qualification period is defined as the first through the last day of the calendar month
- Maintain a minimum average daily balance of $2,500
Dividends will be deposited into the checking account on the last day of the month in which the qualification period ends.
• Tier 1: $0 - 2,499.99 • Rate: 0.00% • APY: 0.00%
• Tier 2: $2,500.00 - 20,000.00* • Rate: 2.96%2 • APY: 3.00%2
• Tier 3: $20,000.01+* • Rate: 0.05%2 • APY: 0.05%2
*Interest earned on entire balance when $2,500 minimum is maintained.
Capital Credit Union is a full-service financial institution with locations in Bismarck, Mandan, Fargo, Beulah, Hazen and New Salem, North Dakota.
1No fee will be charged for use of CO-OP ATMs. Fees charged by non-CO-OP ATMs will be automatically refunded.
2Dividends will be paid to members who meet the following requirements: (1) maintain an average daily balance of $2,500, (2) be a member in good standing, and (3) have 12 or more qualifying transactions that post and clear during each monthly qualification period on their Capital Credit Union debit or credit card. Dividends paid at 3.00% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) on balances up to $20,000 and .05% APY on the portion of the balance exceeding $20,000. Interest calculated at a blended rate between .05%-3.00% APY. If requirements are not met, dividends on accounts meeting the minimum balance will be paid at .05% APY. Dividends will be deposited into the checking account on the last day of the month in which the qualification period ends. Qualifying transactions only include debit or credit card purchases on Capital Credit Union cards; qualifying transactions do not include check purchases or ATM transactions. The qualification period is defined as the first through the last day of the calendar month. Transactions may take one or more business days from the date the transaction was made to post to the checking account. Rates are subject to change. High yield rate is a special promotion, associated rates, terms and conditions may change or be discontinued at any time.
3Two free boxes of Custom Creation checks annually, per account, per calendar year. Any unordered boxes of checks cannot be rolled over to the next year.
4A member with a good standing Classic Checking account can be granted a CD bump of 0.10% APY upon request at CD opening or renewal. A CD bump is not available on any special CD rate offer.
525% discount on safe deposit boxes for members with Classic Checking.
6Free with eStatements; $3 fee applies without.