Not all financial institutions are created equally.
Where you keep and manage your money matters. When you choose Capital Credit Union, you partner with an organization focused on your needs and goals. The people who serve you are your neighbors, and we all work together to improve life in our communities.
There are basically two types of financial institutions. One is focused on turning a profit for shareholders. The other is focused on serving individuals and their communities. As a credit union, we're proudly part of the second category. Our not-for-profit status means we take profits and return them to our members as lower rates on loans and higher returns on deposits.
To be the trusted financial resource that puts members first.
To be the best choice for financial services in our markets.
Vision, Integrity, Caring, Knowledge
Credit Union Facts
- A credit union is a not-for-profit financial institution made up of people who share a common bond. In some cases, they have the same employer. In other cases, they live in the same communities or belong to the same churches.
- For a $25 deposit into a Share Savings Account, you become a member of Capital Credit Union. In reality, you're a part-owner of the institution.
- Members have an equal voice in deciding how the credit union is managed. Officers, directors, and committee members are elected by the members and serve as volunteers.
- In addition to offering a full range of financial services, credit unions take pride in educating their members and making them wiser consumers of financial services. We do this through information on our website, pamphlets and other publications, and in-person financial counseling sessions with our members.
- Credit unions are also heavily involved in the communities they serve, offering sponsorship of events, volunteer services, and scholarships to students, among other things.
Capital Credit Union is a full-service financial institution with locations in Bismarck, Mandan, Fargo, Beulah, Hazen and New Salem, North Dakota.